Ask a Health Visitor
This is the forum where you can ask our professional Health Visitors any questions you may have on babies and children and good enough parenting.
Dont think that any question is a silly question – I can guarantee that someone else has already thought about it and if they havent, they will do. The answers we give here may well be enough to reassure and answer the question – enough to give peace of mind or encourage more fact finding.
These are answers given to questions which parents and carers have asked via the forums.
• To make the service accessible to client groups who don’t access or prefer not to access traditional health visitor services – particularly dads, parents of disabled children, parents from lower socio-economic groups and young parents.
• To work towards the Every Child Matters outcomes – in particular ‘Be Healthy and Stay Safe’.
• To work alongside other government initiatives like ‘Change4Life’ and the ‘Five a Day’ campaign.
• To support parents in all aspects of parenting and safeguarding.
• To support and advise mothers, fathers and carers on the prevention and management of post-natal depression and other illnesses which may occur around child birth.
We welcome you to this forum.